Bringing it to the 7 QTs with Jennifer Fulweiler and crew….Must be FRIDAY!!!
- This week the kids went back to school after Spring Break….can I get a WAHOOOOOO!!⁄?!?!??!?!???? Fine, I’ll give myself one…WAHOO!!!!! Actually, I’m glad for them to get a little break in the schedule, but I didn’t take any time off so it was a little boring for them, the weather wasn’t all that fantastic, so I’m happy we are all back on schedule and the weather is FINALLY springing up. Longest winter ever, right? Even here in Central Florida…gray skies for months. Boo hoo…I’m certain several people have just clicked away after that comment. You can always come visit and escape the snow….come on!!
- Speaking of people escaping the cold….my mom is here! She lives in Pennsylvania and has been enjoying the fantastic weather all week! Of course, she had a rocky start with bad weather through the southeast mid-trip and was delayed a night in Charlotte, however, she’s been running to and fro catching up with my grandparents, us, and a lot of her friends all week. We’ve loved visiting and I know she has, too….but man, oh man….it gets exhausting running around visiting, doesn’t it??? Today she and I get lunch together and I am looking forward to our one-on-one!!
- I made it back to the gym AT LUNCH this week and I am still sore. It WAS great to get in a good workout and not be up at the crack of dawn. This weekend I may have the Hubs get in the pool with me and give me some pointers and add some swimming in on lunch, because it IS getting lovely out! Although I don’t think I can give up my 5 a.m. spin class which is TORTURE getting up for….but oh, so worth it!!!
- This week saw several Paleo-based meals at our dinner table and with the weather changing, I feel I may be emerging from winter time hibernation and almooooooooooost ready to plan and cook ahead our healthy meals and snacks for the week. The planning and prepping ahead is THE hardest thing for me to consistently stick with and it is also the thing that makes the biggest difference in sticking to a healthy routine or not. Taking it all one day at a time, and remembering daily that summer’s coming and my bathing suit is waiting. Motivation? Um, yes.
- Our Yukon needed an oil change this week and it only cost us $465. Occasionally, when your truck has almost 200,000 miles on its 12-year-old self, service is required. Painful? Always. Grateful for a solid and well-maintained vehicle? Yup.
- Some interesting opportunities are turning up for me in the work arena. BIG changes and I have been crazy conflicted and praying up a storm. Must be working because so far, I’m OK with whatever happens. Of course, I’m not actually at a point where I am making a choice yet; interesting how things present themselves sometimes though. “Jesus, I trust in You”…..my prayer and my mantra.
- Wrapping it up as I bring the first shortie to school #1 and get ready to own this Friday. Y’all have a great weekend and don’t forget to check back Monday for the Photo Link Up…if all goes well, I’ll have it figured out by then. How hard can it be, right? famous last words!!
I’m jealous, enjoy the time with mom…miss you all so much! xoxo