Friday and since I am on a roll, I figured I would once again participate in 7 Quick Takes with lots of other people! You can check in over @ Betty Beguiles for all kinds of fun, weekly reports from all over the world!
- I’ve started reading the Hunger Games. The fact that I can come up with 6 other things while getting sucked into this book is amazing in itself. yes. I just called myself amazing.
- After getting the new and revised football schedule for our son I was able to hammer down some plans to visit with friends and my sister in our old town in a couple of weeks. While I’m there, I’ll get to see the daughter of a good friend play the lead in “To Kill a Mockingbird”. And get to visit with my sis and some friends. Bonus! This particular weekend actually has friends out-of-town and other activities so the group is much smaller, but sometimes God plans it that way and I’m trying real hard to stop second guessing Him. His plans are generally far more awesome than mine anyway.
- Speaking of football, Hubby was able to get our son a new smaller helmet and boy did that make ALL the difference for our boy. He came home a different kid. Being the first year of “tackle football” after many years of “flag” it’s been a little eye-opening and my whole reasoning of steering AWAY from tackle all these years has been affirmed. My boy is bruised, sweaty, tired, learning to deal with hydration and migraines if not hydrated. and he LOVES it. OY! What’s a mama to do??? I bought him a bigger water bottle/jug and am ready to cheer him on next weekend at his first game–double header. GO SHARKS! (I’ll just keep my whining and fear under my cap…..)
- Good exercising this week. Even snuck in a walk with Hubby tonight. In between refereeing bickering girls we even got to chat some. Now that’s good stuff. After celebrating our first Valentine’s day together in YEARS, it’s been a good week. To say the least.
- Made a DEE-LISH ham and bean soup this week in the crock pot. Love. The. Crock-Pot!! The kicker is that I actually remembered to soak the beans overnight. it was a hit with all but one child (who has pretty consistently always been the picky eater of the family. ah, his loss) oh. and the recipe? Totally winged it. Did I say I was amazing? 😉 well, if I can replicate it….than believe it! To be continued….
- I have a few new followers this week. WOO hoo! Almost to 20! I would love to really sit down and write/blog more regularly, but HOLY COW, it takes time. effort. patience. I am lacking in all areas. Kudos to you writers out there! However, I do have a couple “mental health days” I am taking off of work and I wonder if I will get any writing/blogging done or just put the smack down on chores and errands. Right now I think God has me right where He wants me and if He wants me to blog more, that window will open, for now it’s good practice!
- Our friends are coming to visit this weekend! So exciting!! My husband’s fraternity brother and his wife and their two boys. We’ve known each other since college, but MB and I became close these past few years while Hubby was away. And I am so grateful for God’s timing in this friendship. What a gem. There is something intimately comforting when you can share your heart and the Lord with a dear friend. And she most definitely is one! The forecast is for rainy weather but I think we will figure something out. Looking forward to catching up and relaxing!
Happy Friday to all! God Bless!
i finally caved and picked up a copy of Hunger Games for the weekend. and, coincidentally, i just finished reading “To Kill a Mockingbird”. I hadn’t read it since high school, and i had forgotten what a beautiful story it is. Atticus is the best.
Wow!!! Somebody is trying to send me a message, I’d better read Hunger Games! My two teenage daughters are in the middle of books one and two and my brother visited yesterday and is hooked too!!
Congratulations on your new followers…count me IN!! I’m always chuffed when someone new stumbles upon me 🙂
Jennifer and Maria~
I’ve been hearing about Hunger Games for the past couple years and can’t take it anymore. So I’m in! I must say, it’s pretty good and I’m thrilled that it’s a lazy Sunday with (hopefully) lots of reading time!