Joining in with Kelly and friends to wrap up the week and chat a bit about organizing.
It has been one full week into my promotion and since I have been essentially doing the job for quite some time (now I get compensated for it) I didn’t think it would be much different. And yet, for some reason—perhaps the cyclical life of my meetings that tend to occur in clusters, or perhaps just a few unfinished projects hanging over my head, I have been mentally scattered and it sucks.
This week I made a few strides in getting my “poop in a group” and it seems to be helping. Now to let that overflow into my personal life and I’ll really be on to something, right? In all actuality though, I think we could purge and re-organize ourselves to death, however…..I am seriously thinking of doing the 40 bags in 40 days for Lent this year. It’s time, people. It’s time. (which will probably thrill my purge-happy Hubby) 🙂
So let’s review, shall we?
- A notepad in a folder. Probably called something else, but perfect for taking notes and holding on to handouts from meetings until they can be filed away. And I’m not scrambling for something to write on. Plus, I am just not there (yet) with taking a laptop to meetings.
2. Folders. To file handouts for current projects and so easy to just slip into the notebook folder and bring the whole shebang to meetings. (I have no idea why these pictures all imported upside down, but Mama don’t have time to fix that right now)
3. Paper calendar. I don’t know. It’s pretty and I really like having a paper calendar in case my phone died and the cloud died. Mostly, we use our apple shared family calendar which has truly SAVED us especially when the kids put in their own activities. Something about a tactile paper calendar though…..I just can’t do without it.
5. This little journal my Youth group leaders gave us last year is so ADORABLE. I use it for “deep thoughts”, planning life, blog ideas and just whatever. (I am a sucker for a pretty journal). However, I can’t commit to bullet journaling. Sorry, not sorry. I mean it looks beautiful and all, but I truly am just not that creative and the thought of organizing a journal for my barely-existent creative side….seriously stressful for me. Kudos to those who do…..I’ll look at yours and smile. Just not gonna happen here, though.
6. Look how nicely everything lines up in there with my little purse I can just pull out when necessary. I love order.
7. And the lovely little bag I scored at Target this week along with some of the other stuff above. I told Hubs that Dave Ramsey would be proud because I a) paid cash and b) it was only $18 instead of $45, so SCORE!!! (photobombed by sleeping cat—yes we do wipe the table down before eating!)
Have a great week, everyone!