Friday, Friday, my favorite day of the week. (Well, not until after 5:30pm, but it’s my favorite day of the week,nonetheless!) and so Friday means wrapping up the week with Jennifer Fulwiler @ Conversion Diary and her gang o’ bloggers….check ’em out!!
1) It’s been a crazy week at work, so crazy I haven’t been able to take care of ANY of my personal business during the day. That is SO wrong!!! This whole work thing really doesn’t work for me. I mean, it gets the PB&J on the table and supports our other dietary needs and stuff, but it really, REALLY puts a damper on my personal productivity level. I need a secretary. A free one, of course.
2) In home budget cuts, we’ve decided the girls have reached the level of maturity to handle after school at home. This is a HUGOLA savings money-wise, however, it’s a good thing for them as well. I pick them up on my lunch break and bring them home and so far, they’ve fallen into their brother’s habits of doing homework right away with a snack, then chillin’ out until one of us gets home. Their brothers are home with them, but it has taken a huge stressor off of me to have to constantly stress over my last patient and getting to pick up on time if Hubby is working out-of-town that day. The other great thing, is on the days that they have practice, they are fully ready to go as soon as I get them….they’ve had their down time, their homework time, their snack time and the whining/tired/complaining pre-practice has essentially disappeared this week. That. Is a huge bonus!!!
3) Rain, rain, rain. We’ve had it essentially every afternoon. I’ve managed to adjust my workout schedule somehow and holy, cannoli!! It’s Friday and I am still sore!!! A wonder of wonders how the body responds when you mix it up!
4) The debate. I didn’t watch. There. Irresponsible? I think not. I am so completely frustrated with our choices. Really. I know who I’ll vote for, because there is one person my conscience simply will NOT allow me to vote for, however, it doesn’t mean I’m happy about my selection. I am possibly considering choice #3….throwing my vote away? Meh. Maybe. There is just so much trash slinging in the ads and blah, blah, blah generalized empty promises it is draining and frustrating.
5) For the last few QTs, I’m doing some links….one is to Jen’s Conversion Diary…see #1…super news!! I just love other people’s baby news, stories, pictures. It’s awesome.
6) Next up is to Camp Patton and her post o’ woe on the arsenic hours of 5-bedtime. Oy. I laughed, but so definitely remember those days and when you are in the thick of it….so NOT funny or entertaining and yet, Grace makes it sound fun. ish. I just remember being exhausted. And grumpy. And counting the minutes to bedtime. And now…….I can’t even look my oldest in the eye without craning my neck 6 inches up. <sigh>
7) That’s all folks. I’ve got to wrangle these kiddos up and at ’em and get ready for the day. Have a great weekend. I’ll be on the road 2 6a.m. tomorrow morning to drive and hour and half to a football game. Try not to be too jelly, K?
I totally agree with you on #3, but if I don’t vote I may get thrown out of my house by both husband and daughter.
Oh. I’ll vote. And it won’t be a throw away, but I’m just not too thrilled about it….You do the same!! hee hee
#4: Totally with you there. If I actually cared about the debate, I wouldn’t have skimmed my Twitter when I got home from dinner on Wednesday.
I want to watch but I can’t do it without getting frustrated at all the lip service…blah, blah, blah…I just want them to speak, stop trashing each other (the ads drive me up a WALL!), give a plan, just stick to the facts. Period. November can’t come soon enough. Of course, I need to get on the amendment education….I get so stressed at election time!
I’m so with you on #1. Work is where I get all of my budgeting, bill-paying, scheduling, online shopping, etc. done! I love your Quick Takes Friday posts. What a great idea to summarize your week. 🙂
Ashley, and that is why it is sooooo frustrating to not get my personal biz done when I’m @ work….sheesh, you’d think they’d realize that! 😉