It’s fall. Though we don’t get MUCH of a season change here in Central Florida, the humidity and temp do take periodic dives, sending us into a state of bliss. This is the time of year I get to add my favorite item a little extry, extry into the recipes and food rotation. Sadly, it appears my family does not share my excitement over pumpkin….at least not to the degree that I love it. Boo hiss. More than once I’ve been asked to “cool it on the pumpkin”.
Here are a few things “we” have enjoyed…(by we, I mean it’s been purchased and entered the house, however, not everyone has partaken of):
- Pumpkin oatmeal….oh wow! I love oatmeal for breakfast and this was a super yummy addition, not to mention healthy
- Pumpkin muffins
- Pumpkin pie Pop Tarts (yes, apparently Pop Tarts has “seasonal” flavors. who knew?!
- Pumpkin bread
- Pumpkin ravioli
- Pumpkin protein smoothie
- Pumpkin marshmallows
- Pumpkin coffee
- Pumpkin spice coffee creamer
- Pumpkin chocolate chip cookies (regular recipe just add a can of pumpkin and cinnamon and nutmeg to taste!)
- and……I still have 6 cans of pumpkin in the pantry!!! and I WILL use them. oh yes, I will. family requests be darned!
Now tonight for dinner, along with out 3 Bean Bake, I made that family of mine pumpkin muffins and added some cream cheese filling and guess what??? No complaints. and no leftovers. That’s right. I’m bringing them over to the pumpkin side…..
What do you think? Too much pumpkin or just right? Maybe I DO have a problem….
Love it & I miss 3 Bean Bake!! Xoxo
Eat all the pumpkin things while you can! This is really the only time of year it’s socially acceptable to eat pumpkin everyday 😉
That reminds me, I have a recipe for pumpkin snickerdoodles I’ve been meaning to make!
ooooh, pumpkin snickerdoodles….we are definitely on the same page!!!!