There’s a cute little linky going on around the blogosphere about some Five things Thing where you tell about 5 things most people don’t know about you. Mary Kate tagged me and since A) I can’t really resist a “challenge” and B) I am currently suffering a bout of insomnia/coughing and am up anyway, I figured alrighty then….let’s do this!!
Of course, this IS a little tricky since I blog/talk about a lot of stuff and I may have already mentioned a thing or two, so you’ll have to pretend you haven’t heard it before if you already have…K? K.
- During my bachelorette party (back in the day), my FAVORITE sandals broke mid-shindig. I mean, straight dry-rotted….What’s a girl to do? There was much more dancing to do!!! Somewhere along the way, some nice bouncer had some masking tape and I just taped those puppies up…both shoes and boogied on down the rest of the night. I have pictures somewhere……annnnnd I actually got up to look for it, I can see it in my mind…..and nothin’, I got nothin’, but trust me…it was fUNny!!
- When I was in 4th grade I was terrified of Bike Week…an annual event in Daytona Beach…now a BI-annual event, lucky us!! Back to the terror….we heard stories of the Hell’s Angels and how they swoop into town and kids walking home from school were easy pickins…now we had no idea what that meant but I know we made record time coming home from school that week! Fast forward a gazillion years and we have some Outlaws one street over and we just sleep with the windows closed during Bike Week….or try to, I think we are getting used to the noise or losing our hearing, one of the two.
- Somewhere around 4 years of age…ish….we had a neighborhood dog that I would bring a biscuit to regularly…one for him….one for me. Come to find out, my kids did the same thing with our dogs when they were little. Hmm. Hereditary inclination toward dog biscuits, interesting.
- My first job was at Mr. Donut. I got over my love of donuts REEEEEEAL quick like (although it has returned slightly in the last decade…) You can NOT wash that donut smell out of a uniform, trust me. That’s also the place Hubby picked me up for our first date…..maaaaaaaaany moons ago, like 26 of ’em.
- I dont’ really like a lot of noise and mess. God blessed us with 4 kiddos. Talk about your sense of humor. We’ll just say I’m coming to terms (a little bit) with noise and mess.
My turn to tag 5 people and carry on the funnies or the fives…how’s about it Lea, Brite, Pam, ViolinMama, and Lesley? Tag, you’re it! You’ll love the diversity of their blogs, food, travel, inspiration, kids…..you’re welcome!
And now….it’s been 4 hours and I can re-dose the cough syrup….I’m out! Enjoy!!
Pingback: Menu Plan Monday #37 | Pa-BLAM!
Love it!!! Especially the sandals story! And, my kids have allll sampled dog biscuits — yummy?
hahaha, oddly enough I remember the biscuit flavor vividly….or should I say, lack of flavor. Bland, dry, boring.