BethAnne made me do it…..she’s coming down off a 7 day blogging high and threw this one my way. So here’s how this one goes:
1.) The first rule is to post these rules.
2.) Post a photo of yourself then write 11 things about you/your life.
3.) Answer the questions for you set in the original post.
4.) Create 11 new questions and tag people to answer them.
5.) Go to their blog/twitter to tell them you have tagged them.
and 11 things about me are as follows:
- I am a forty-something Mom to 4 lively redheads married to my high school sweetheart.
- For the last 9 years we’ve lived in my hometown after living away for 12 years. It’s true, you never really can go home again, you start all over.
- We have a cat. I am more of a dog person. I don’t really like cats. He picked us and I guess that’s the way it goes with cats. He’s a total PIA, fluffy to the Nth degree and I love him. Call me sucker.
- I’m in a constant weight struggle/body image. Currently working on the healthier aspect pretty hard. It’s coming along, but I far prefer instant gratification.
- I finished my Bachelor’s degree 2 years ago and STILL don’t know what I want to be when I grow up. Fortunately, I enjoy my job (just not the politics that go along with it).
- I have a sister who lives in our former city with her husband and my two nephews. We fought like regular siblings growing up and are now the best of friends. She rocks!! So does her family!!
- I am a friend KEEPER. One of my biggest struggles in this town is that the friends I grew up with are on a totally different planet from me and making new friends has been a huge challenge to go beyond surface level. It makes me truly miss and appreciate my friends in our old city. And then I beg them to come visit. It’s called throwing on the Catholic guilt trip. Guilty.
- I love the beach. Salt air, sea breeze and sand in my toes cure any and everything.
- One day I will go on a pilgrimage to Medjugorge. Somehow. Someway. It will happen though.
- I am a judger. I try not to be, but I am. Everytime I do, God shows me the ginormous plank in my own eye and I have a huge slice of humble pie. It’s getting old. Sigh. Daily struggles.
the questions for me to answer are as follows:
- What is your favorite way to shop (online, in-store, yard sales, etc.)? Online. Or thrift stores.
- What was your favorite vacation? Hubby and I took a trip to Arizona for my friend’s wedding (see pic, gal on the right) and we hiked, went sightseeing and visited other friends for A WEEK!!! I have the best mom EVER!!!!
- If you could go anywhere where would it be and why? Medjugorge. I just finished a book on the apparitions there and feel a strong pull to experience it for myself.
- If you could have dinner with anyone (dead or alive) who would it be and why? Princess Diana. I have always found her fascinating, lovely, wounded and a genuine heart for the downtrodden despite her station in life.
- What is your favorite app? IHeartRadio. We get crapola for reception at work and it helps the day go by, plus we love to torture each other with trying to win the annual Vegas trip to the IHeartRadio concert. You can’t get through, people. It’s completely rigged. (it’s what I tell myself)
- Do you prefer ebooks or real books? Real books, but if I’m impatient to read a book, e-book is the BOMBOLA!
- What is your preferred web browser? Right now Google Chrome, but I find them all annoying.
- What is your favorite Disney movie? Brave
- What is your favorite Theme Park? Disney World
- Do you send Thank you notes? Yes, of course!!! They might not be timely, but they do get sent!
- What was the most unusual thing you’ve ever seen at a wedding? (or event if you haven’t been to many weddings) A mirror in the women’s restroom that made EVERYONE look tall and thin…we really wanted to take it home!! Aside from that…everyone gets cray cray at weddings after a certain hour, right?
My 11 questions for the next peeps to accept this challenge:
- Single or married?
- Kids, furbabies, how many and ages?
- What kind of car do you drive and what was your first car?
- Best live concert you went to?
- Favorite TV show growing up?
- Best road trip?
- Favorite way to unwind?
- If you could pick a reality show to be on, which would it be?
- Jillian or Bob?
- Coffee, tea or Mountain Dew?