My morning prayer with the kids on Fridays as we drive to school ALWAYS includes a prayer of thanksgiving for “Friday, mama’s favorite day of the week“. True story.
Today I’m joining in with Jen and friends with 7 Quick Takes….today, mine are super quick, because a) I have to wake up kiddos and b) I’m trying a timed experiment on myself…let’s see how it goes, K? K.
- I’ve been doing a lot of thinking about parenting this week….and blogging…..and continuing Ed points (or my procrastination in obtaining them EVERY year and I thought I’d share a few points with you.
- Blogging. I’ve been feeling my blog is about to go in a different direction. I also feel I might have to take some time off to figure out WHAT direction that is. So….just get ready. It’s coming.
- My state license is up for renewal at the end of April. I have ZERO CEUs. ZERO. I have all my periodicals out and have been reading and taking tests. Why do I have to perform so well under pressure? It’s a curse I tell you.
- Parenting advice I’ve received and taken to heart over the years. (This might not work for YOUR family, but these are things that have worked for OURS). On the birth of our first child….oldest son….still in shock from labor, resting in the hospital a friend said, “Quickly, hurry up and have 3 more.” I told her she was crazy. And then I did. Best. Advice. Ever. Big families are crazy and loud and so very worth it.
- One of my dearest friends always sends her children away with “Angels watch over you”….I loved the blessing, but didn’t want to copy her COMPLETELY, so I incorporated a “Sign of the cross” on their foreheads. If we are in a hurry, often the kids will say, “Moooooom, my blessing???” Send your kids out with a blessing.
- One year we had a project due and I needed a poster board STAT, my girlfriend said, “Oh, come out to my car, I have some in my trunk.” From that day forward, we have had a STOCKED school supply area. Be prepared. You never know when you’ll need that poster board—for us it’s usually Sunday night.
- Put your marriage first. It takes constant effort, tweaking and pruning. The fruit of your efforts is a strong, communicative, partnership, friendship and example for your children. Children that will pick your nursing home one day.
- Lastly, and having FAILED at my time experiment and counting as this is now 8 Quick Takes…….PRAY, PRAY, PRAY always over and for your children and take EVERY bit of parenting advice with a grain of salt. Some things you can use. Some you won’t.
Blessings and enjoy the weekend and my favorite day of the week!!!