Our youngest had another little sore throat sneak up this weekend and being a veteran of strep throat for far too many episodes, I absolutely believe her self diagnosis as she is SPOT ON. EVERY. TIME.
I went ahead and called in to my work yesterday so they’d have time to get coverage and hopefully not shaft my friend and co-worker in my absence..I think it worked out and was far less stressful on me having to jump ship to get our girl to her doctor appointment AND figure out who’d watch her today. It all worked out. In the end, her appointment was at 2 in the afternoon so I had a lot of free time on my hands as a result. Sadly I can’t just chill, nap and read (though I’d LIKE to!) so I tackled some tedious little tasks I’ve been “meaning to get to” forEVAH…
And the cat was truly enjoying snuggling up on humans all day….after he slept off his all-night out and about the neighborhood, that is…
- We had several bags of clothes to donate to our churches thrift store, so I went through my closet and dresser and added several more bags AND….delivered them. To the thrift store. I know, right? The delivery is key to purging, otherwise it’s just moving it all around.
- I had so much room on my side of the closet so…….I reorganized and color grouped my shirts and blouses. I’m a nerd. I know. However, it looks really good. I might actually be able to FIND something when I need it!!
- I did my Abs and Arms routine, 3 sets each. I’ll be walking while our oldest daughter has soccer practice, therefore that makes a good start to Week 2 for Peak 313‘s 5 week challenge. And I DID eat and log my food today which, BTW, is a huge struggle, especially while at home tempted by all the choices. Add a little restlessness in and it’s a potential recipe for disaster. I made it through. Phew!
- A month ago we had to cut down a magnolia tree in our backyard (it was diseased and dying) and had to replace it with a new tree. We did that yesterday with an elm in the front yard. I called the city to come inspect it and check us off the list. I hate those silly phone calls. It’s done.
- Deleted MANY, MANY duplicate albums clogging up my iPhoto library. Still lots more to do, but I made a HUGE dent today. Tedious, tedious, tedious..Don’t even ask how it happened…it’s still a mystery!!
- Then I took the girl to the office and dropped off her antibiotics and then since I was home….the taxi was in full motion…pick up older daughter, pick up youngest son, pick up antibiotics, now to get dinner going and then off to soccer…dang, I need a nap!!
- I did manage to give myself and my girl a pedicure….garnet and gold toes for my ‘Noles and pink for her.
Peace out, peeps. We’re off to soccer!