Joining in with Hallie and the lovely ladies all sharing their 5 faves this week…for a smile on your face, for some “GO GOD” in your heart, you really neeeeeed to visit and start with Hallie, K? K.
This week I was able to head over to Adoration during lunch and as always it’s truly my favorite lunch spot. Ever. Really. Here’s why.
5. Like most of y’all, I live a pretty busy life. Husband. 4 kiddos. Full time out of the house job. Ever searching for the always elusive “perfect” balance between family and work. Adoration IS as close to “perfect” as my life gets. The profound sense of peace, joy and love when I walk through the door instantly soothes my heart and mind of whatever is jumbling it up at that moment. Perfection.
4. I may not ALWAYS get immediate answers, direction and resolution of any given life challenge, however, I’ve received clarity, wisdom and peace over the years in answer to prayers during Adoration with much fruit in return. Just ask my friend; one day I called her after Adoration and told her I felt their family was to home school. She laughed. (nervously I think, since this was an announcement straight out of the blue). They start their 3rd (?) year homeschooling this year. Adoration don’t lie.
3. I like to pray for people. God hasn’t seen fit to fill our bank accounts to overflowingness (one can still hope though….) and I can’t always help people materialistically, however, I. CAN. PRAY. Countless friends and family over the years have been the recipients of my prayers, some known, some unknown (but God ALWAYS knows), I’ve even prayed much for this sweet lady and her unborn baby. You can’t underestimate the power of prayer. Ever. You might be too tired, angry, hopeless to pray, but I’ll pray for you. I know I’ve been the recipient of a jillion and ten prayers and if my own give back even a tenth of intercessory love…I’m in. Anytime. Just say the word.
2. This world is a wild and rocking and crazy constantly go-go-go world. Sometimes I just need to be still. I have my morning quiet time with the Daily Readings and that is phenomenal. Coffee. Word. Start the day. But sometimes….I just need to be still, quiet and listen and thank God for everything I don’t always remember to thank Him for. Sometimes I just need to be still. To listen if He wants to talk to me. and one time ……..
1. ONE TIME…….I’m telling you…….the monstrance and altar moved. Throughout my time at Adoration. I thought I was tired and cleared my eyes, but it kept happening. Finally I just watched. It was weird. It was goosebump-giving. It was mind blowing and heart filling. Afterward I texted two friends who also attend Adoration and asked them a vague “have you ever had weird things happen at Adoration?” . In the end, I’m not sure WHAT it meant, but perhaps He just wanted to say, “Hey, thanks for coming….check this out….I love you….I’m with you….come on back again, my love!” And so I do.
Now head on over to Hallie’s for more fun things!!