Did you feel that??? It was the week whizzing by…and I’m not complaining because FRIDAY!!! But man. Fast.
Joining in with Jen, the author and her 7 Quick Takes for Friday….and the fact it’s another day of my month-long blog fest here…so be sure to swing by and peruse the breakdown of the week!
- My current read is Something other than God, #SOTG, and it’s fascinating. I’m always intrigued by conversion stories and how and why people convert. I always learn something, find new books and excitement for my faith. Plus I’m inwardly cheering, “Yes, read more, learn, go, go, go!!!”
- The weather has been fantastico here. Pretty much been eating outside every night, enjoying the breeze and the new outside table. Soaking it in.
- Still laptop-less here. Hubs has offered to let me borrow his, but so far I’ve just been using the desktop. It’s not terrible, but it’s not super conducive to my early morning coffee, daily readings and chill time. I’ll live. First world problems and all.
- Swimming is going…well, swimmingly. 2 weeks in a row here. I’ve been doing about 500 yards(?) on my lunch hour twice a week. Super awesome way to spend the hour during the sunny afternoon and a fabulous bonus to get outside. I’ve been working on my technique, breathing and just loving it. The only downside….I only have an hour. Hoping to get a day in on the weekend where I’m not working the clock but, yes!!! Loving it!
- We have supper club this coming weekend. We used to do this in our old city and it was a great time. Getting older just really makes it harder to make friends. So many obligations and responsibilities tugging at us that there is precious little time to foster new friendships. AND..sometimes when we have time to spend together as a couple, I just want to be a couple and catch up. Tricky. So, we started this supper club as a way to build new friendships and this is month 2. Slowly adding more couples, but it was a nice night out and I am looking forward to it. Takes time. Takes time.
- Speaking of couple time…we are renewing our wedding vows next month. Our church does it during Mass. We have a giant church. So, I am working on getting over my anxiety of getting up in front of a bajillion people (the number grows in my head) and not crying or busting out in my nervous giggle that I do when I’m really nervous or stressed. (think funerals or getting in trouble….any inappropriate time…) We’ve invited friends and family and hoping a few will show, but mainly it is for us and celebrating these 20 years, because oh my. WOW. Nothing I could have ever imagined and can’t wait to see what the next 20+ bring. OH, and I’m getting a new dress for the occasion. totally.
- Mother’s day is nigh…..wishing my mom an awesome day…Tammi is in charge of your gift this year, mom…LOL!!! And my sister and all moms out there….it’s a crazy tough job and the best ever! Where else can you lose your marbles daily and turn to mush all in the same 10 seconds? No where. that’s where!!
Blessings to you all and have a great weekend!!