I’m glad I did. Go to the gym yesterday that is. That’s the good thing about having accountability partners, you do NOT want to be the only one who didn’t work out–(not without a good reason anyway). I was feeling lazy yesterday by lunch time and really just wanted to go nap somewhere, but the other girls had already gone and were giving me the “eye” and asking me what my plan at the gym was going to be, soooooooo. I went. Mostly because I do better when I have someone to account to. I am a little competitive. I remembered we are having a luncheon today to celebrate May birthdays (mine included) and I’ll surely be partaking of some delicious fare. And I’ll be going again today at lunch. Mostly because of the luncheon. But also because I’ll have to do legs. Since my arms and upper body are sore, I can’t ignore my legs!!! Friday I am meeting a friend in the wee hours of the morning (urgh!) and that will wrap the week up for strength training. Here’s the deal though:
- I can complain all I want, but the truth is I’ll get out of it ONLY what I put into it
- After 4 months of consistent exercise, I HAVE SHOULDER DEFINITION!! Yup. It’s not crazy muscle magazine fitness, but I clearly have muscle peeking through and confirmed by Hubby, daughter and son.
- I may not WANT to work out, however, when it’s done…..I never regret having worked out
- Nike has it right. Just do it. Lace up the shoes and go around the block. 20 minutes is gone before you know it.
- I do have more energy. I do sleep better. My clothes fit better.
- It’s the one thing I do for ME and it benefits my entire family!
- God gave me this body, this temple, it’s MY job to take care of it and glorify Him through it.
Apurva (new to blogging…hope we don’t scare off forever!!)