Thanks to The Treasure Trove (Lynnell), Dance Mommy’s Odyssey (Laura), Sempiternal (just call me AJ), The General (MB) , Redefining Normal (Brite), The Eagle’s Nest (Amanda), and Blog it ALL (Lea) for this month’s “Blog-Every-Day-in-May”. Or most days. Or some days. Or whatever you felt like days. It was fun and all good things must (PRAISE GOD FROM THE ROOFTOPS!!!) come to an end. (I know my Hubby is happy, too!) So we will all now return to our regularly planned blog schedule or non-schedule and I thought I’d wrap it up with what I gained from this little exercise Bloggapalooza.
In no specific order:
- I gained new “Followers” this month….these lucky people automatically receive an email each time I post a new blog, so they never have to worry about missing one single minute detail of my life. Lucky, right? Well, in case you want to be lucky, too…just click on the “+Follow” in the top left of the screen…..see below….other handy-dandy tools, “Like” if you enjoy the post and “Reblog” if you really like it and want that to be your post on your blog. I didn’t even know what that WAS until Sempiternal “Reblogged” me…very cool indeed!
- I found several new blogs along the way, one to encourage my fitness and health journey AND encourage my Faith walk like Clare @ Peak313Fitness. The woman loves her some Jesus and keeps the workouts fresh to constantly keep that temple humming and wondering what in the heck is coming next?!?
- Ellie @ Emerald Pie. Her life in Ireland is fascinating to me, a world apart and yet no different in her daily life, challenges and busy-ness as a mom and wife. Her Irish scenery is AH!MAZING!!!!
- Ex-pats and their very interesting lives in Dubai @ Circles in the Sand and Three years and home in Switzerland. Witty, insight and photos into other parts of the world, customs, differences in their “normal” lives and how they adjust and roll with each day.
- A gem of thoughts to teach our daughters (though us parents and sons would benefit, too) from One Joyous Heart . Witty, dry, sometimes right on the edge of cracking, raw observations on motherhood and life to two very young and very close-in-age cutie-pies, Camp Patton (I see glimpses of myself when the girls were so very young at this stage….I want to hug her and tell her, keep taking pictures, take videos…they grow up and you. will. survive!!)
- I’ll be keeping my day job. The only time I want to write is first thing in the morning…that 20 extra minutes or so (the “or so” often sets me running behind!) after my Quiet Time. I don’t think I’ll get a Nobel in those 20 minutes. Probably. Apparently you need to write often and enjoy it..another strike. Soooooooooo…..just press “Follow”…you’ll know when I update.
- You can get lost for VERY. LONG. PERIODS. OF. TIME. on the internet. You might think I learned this from Facebook. Child’s play. There are so many flippin’ blogs out there. Thank goodness for my Reader, but then I often get sidetracked by hyperlinks to other blogs, then add them to my reader and boom….there goes another hour. CrAzAY!!!!
- Stepping out of my comfort zone to share something I feel passionate about usually brings out my best writing. Over the next couple of months as I move my old mac blog over to WordPress (an EXTREMELY time-consuming process–one would think as “user-friendly” as apple generally is, that “THEY” would have made it easier to transfer blogs once they decided to no longer support mac blogs–but that is a whole other venting blog…) I will also add a page of “The best of….according to Hubby”.
This month I’ve celebrated Mother’s Day internationally, my birthday, my sister’s birthday, the end-of-the-year chaos, enjoyed new baby pictures, witnessed the ups and downs of a NICU baby doing her best to grow big and fat and go home (and won a T-shirt!), remembered the joys of maternity leave and the heartbreak of it ending, new house pictures, great words of encouragement, learned about Broadway plays, enjoyed recipes from new gardens and a world of LIFE happening.
So, this month comes to a close, but the blogging goes on. Maybe not everyday, but it goes on. Like life. So get out there and enjoy it!! And THANKS for visiting!!