Last week I missed the Quick Takes with Jen and the ALMOST 200 HUNDRED people who link up with her @ Conversion Diary…so if you got some time honey….get on over and check ’em out! Without further adieu….here’s MY wrap up:
- Sunday I joined in at Fine Linen and Purple for a fashion show of Church-lady (and men) clothes on REAL PEOPLE! It was so fun, I’ve really enjoyed seeing what people where, how they accessorize, and most of all….WHERE they get their digs. It’s so girly and holy canoli….my biggest traffic EVAHH from it. Cray, cray….almost bringing me to 100 followers. Cool.
- Our oldest son got his learner’s permit two weeks ago and the kid is ALL about it. Dad is the more patient driving instructor meanwhile mom feels new grey hairs sprouting ever time he gets behind the wheel and I’ve learned a few new things.
- Apparently no…there is NOT a brake on the passenger side floorboard in our vehicle. I can’t seem to remember this when I ride with him. Every time. We probably WILL have a hole there shortly, so maybe we can put a brake in then.
- Screaming “STOP” is counter productive. I realized this the first time, now I just crescendo up…”you want to let up on the gas and start slowing down now….yes, start slowing down….slow down. slow. down. …brake….Brake..BRake…yes. NOW. Good job, next time let’s not climb up in their trunk business, K? K.”
- The door handle seconds as a security blanket and with repeated kneading is beginning to bear my
- The St. Michael prayer has become a new addition in our repetoire: Saint Michael the Archangel,
defend us in battle.
Be our protection against the wickedness and snares of the devil.
May God rebuke him, we humbly pray;
and do Thou, O Prince of the Heavenly Host –
by the Divine Power of God –
cast into hell, satan and all the evil spirits,
who roam throughout the world seeking the ruin of souls.Amen.
- Having a kid who drives makes me THAT much older. THAT’s the hard pill to swallow. Indeed.
Off to curl in a ball and suck my thumb. Have a great weekend and be sure to visit Jen!!
I’ve taught 5 of my eight to drive. That even includes teaching 2 of them to drive a stick. My husband can never “find the time.” Smart man. We’ve driven by a stopped school bus, driven down a four lane 65 mph highway at 45 miles per hour, stopped short, stopped llllooonnnggg and I have, on one occasion, lost my voice from screeching. It’s not my favorite thing to do, but somehow the kids and I have survived. Only 3 to go. Two of those are girls. Oh, my.
Good gravy, you certainly must be on the fast track to sainthood!!! I’m working on the screeching and feel empowered by your lessons…LOL!! New driving=bad driving and we’ve all been there! It’s just less nerve wracking when you are oblivious to the reality of driving and its dangers!!
Oh no, say it isn’t so! How well I remember those days with you!! Fun times!!! Xoxo
Yes, let’s pray the kid doesn’t get a ticket the week he actually gets his real license……
I’m not looking forward to the day my baby drives! Yikes!!!
I remember my mom teaching me how to drive. It was not a fun experience, and she yelled at me for everything. I actually didn’t get my license until I was in my early 20s because I have horrible anxiety and just couldn’t deal with her. My husband (fiance at the time) taught me!
I know, its stressful, buuuuuuuut we do all have to learn (or should), so another milestone. He’s doing well and my screeching has been minimal and improving…so there’s that 😉
HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i am slowly but surely getting maxx ready for solo driving. but man… it is not for weaklings. so almost 2 down and 1 to go.
WHAT?!?!? They have to drive by themselves???