not fasty as in fasting, but more like quick..you know? Fasty. Or you can just say Quick Takes and 5 Favorites combo’d. QTs is over @ CampPatton again this week because new Mama Jen FINALLY GOT TO TAKE THE BABY HOME FROM THE NICU!!! Awesome news in this week of ickiness. Superb, in fact. AND……in a bid to bring joyful and useful news among the rough news week, I am ALSO joining in with Hallie and her 5 Favorite Things link up….but mine will have 7-ish. A two-fer if you will. It’s always fun to see what people are up to during the week and I’ve been enjoying the 5 faves and seeing what folks around the internets consider their favorite products and such. Go check ’em ALL out!!
It’s a clean eating theme.
This week marks the end of my 2nd week of eating clean. It’s not a hard and fast “Clean” and/or Paleo, but a bit of a combined, best-of-both worlds and guess what??? It’s totally working. Of course, the fact that I have planned out our meals and have made sure to have adequate food for my eating purposes has certainly helped….but, I think this is something that I could totes live with. Now, that said, I’m heading into week 3 which is where I have generally sputtered and run out of motivation in the past, so pray for me and feel free to send on some encouragement, etc, etc! Ok, ok, here’s my 7:
- Adoration. I’ve been TWICE this week. I love Adoration. Peace. Quiet. Prayers. In light of all the tragedy this week in Boston and Texas amongst other family and friend urgent prayer needs, it was a welcome respite in which I highly recommend.
- Pat Gohn. Love her podcast. And she has a new book out, “Blessed, Beautiful and Bodacious!” which is on my night stand in the next-to-read position. This week she interviewed Mary Wallace and they talked of working moms OUTSIDE the home and incorporating your faith life in your work life. It was a stellar podcast and has encouraged me to begin a “Positivity Project” . Without going into detail, I’ll just say office morale is totally in the toilet…BUT Mary and Pat encouraged me to “be the change”. Every person can make small efforts to turn the tide even if those who should be setting the example don’t. I started yesterday with Gandhi’s quote, “Be the change you want to see in the world”. I’d like to see a lot less whining, griping and people just doing their job and helping others…..
- Pre-cooked food. Eating Clean-eo has been much easier with cooking up some roasted veggies and hard-boiled eggs on the weekend for some ease in putting together lunches and snacks for me for the week. However, I’ll just say that I’ve now given brussel sprouts THREE separate tries and they really are not good. I ate them. They weren’t horrible. However, I won’t be eating them again.
- Pre-planned meals. Meal planning for the week just helps me stay focused. No guess-work in the morning on what to take out, no fumbling after work for what we’ll eat. It’s just working for me. Winning.
- Almond milk. Since I’ve cut out dairy, this is my substitute for my coffee additive in the a.m. and my smoothie base after workout. No dairy. No gluten. Tasty.
- Spin bike and burpees. Actually, I hate them both. However, to get my cardio in on non-workout days the spin bike fits the bill and when I break it up into 5-8 minute sessions with a set of 10 Burpees in between it goes much quicker. Not to mention I am sweating like a sweaty person when I’m done.
- Choco-cado smoothie. Before you get all EWWWW, sounds gross on me….let me just say….it is so delicious I thought I was cheating. The fact I’ve had no sugar and/or processed stuff for twoweeks probably increased the yum factor, but seriously…..DELISH!!!! I’m including the link on the pic credit, but here’s MY version: 8 oz Almond Milk, 1 frozen banana (go ahead and peel that BEFORE you freeze it so you don’t have to nuke it to get the peel off…ask me how I know this.) 1 giant handful of spinach. 1/4 of a avocado. 1 scoop of chocolate protein powder. Blend and enjoy. You are welcome.
Now go check out all the other people and their QTs and Faves…Happy Weekend!!