Here we are: 12 days until Christmas. Which would explain my semi-absence from the blogsta world. So much is packed into this month. I love it. It’s hectic and chaotic, but it is fun!! The anticipation of Christmas, Advent activities, baking, shopping, it’s awesome! I figured it’s Thursday night so I’d tie this into Quick Takes @Conversion Diary and now TV Fame with Minor Revisions! Woot, woot!!
With so much packed into this month there are things I’ve neglected or have yet to find the time/energy to deal with yet (7 off the top of my head):
- hanging Christmas cards up (they are still in the basket we collect them in)
- Passing out Advent Anonymous cards (need to print up the notes)
- Finish baking (it’s an ongoing process and a tasty one at that!)
- reading blogs
- watching Christmas shows
- watching Minor Revisions…Plan B is Saturday night @ 10p.m….
However, there is so much I HAVE done with the time I’ve not spent on the above (more than 7):
- Walking several times a week (at least 20 minutes…I need some de-stressing)
- Maximizing my hour-long lunch break (can you say Power Shopping!)
- Burned up the internet with my online shopping (a working mom’s best friend—heck, EVERY mom’s best friend!!!)
- Peanut butter buckeyes x 2 (cookie swap and prepping for neighbor sharing)
- Attended the Nutcracker with the girls
- Working at my J.O.B.
- Sent my Christmas cards out
- Made a PLAN for the coming week (before the kids get out of school and are in my way at lunch break!)
- Picnicked with Hubby and the girls one Sunday afternoon
- Prepared kids for various upcoming concerts, Christmas programs, Girl Scout sleepover and birthday parties
- Planned for Christmas Eve, dinner, Mass….
- Thrift shopped (a whole post really needs to be devoted to that…serious fun!)
- Participated in the #AdventPhotoADay contest/photo sharing
And now I shall wake the minions (those still remaining…..the high schooler and Papa are already gone for the day)
So get on with your busy elf….and I’ll check back intermittently! Blessings and Make way for the Lord, Christmas is coming!!!