Burnout. 7 days in a row of blogging and nada this week, until today, because everyone in my casa is occupied (for the moment), so here I go…all Fast like….on this First Friday in March AND in Lent…woot, woot! (see what I did there?) Therefore, jumping back in (for today), with author and speaker of many hours in a row…Jen@Conversion Diary for a weekly wrapup…go see!
- So Lent is here, how’s it going for you? For me, so far so good. I haven’t felt called to fast from any particular thing but I have been called to prayer. Lots of prayer….I mean: Adoration, weekly, and prayer journal for prayer requests. So, if you are in need of any extra prayer (and aren’t we all), feel free to drop a note in the combox or email me (found on the sidebar).
- The other thing I am committed to is finishing some spiritual reading: Mere Christianity, The power of persistent prayer, St.Monica. I have a bad habit of having too many books going at once, so this is a great time to actually focus on these!
- Meatless meal time. This year is going to be a little less trying since we have a boy/man in the house interested in veganism and willing to help me out with finding new and fun recipes for the fam. He’s good in the kitchen and tonight picked out and helped make a (non meatless) homemade version of Hamburger helper with roasted cauliflower and peas. Makes dinner much less a chore for Mama!
- Ash Wednesday ended up being a date night with the Hubby and I. The only Mass we can make it to is the 7 p.m. and opted to allow the kids to stay home and shower and settle in. Sometimes you just have to exercise common sense in knowing when it’s forcing too much. I missed them, but enjoyed the one on one with the Hubs. We even took a selfie afterward! Love an unexpected date time with my honey!
- Providing our son wakes up in the a.m. and we make it to the gym, it will have been a full week working out. Spin this a.m. was with Crazy Courtney (as I like to call her) and I was soaked, so a good workout and start to the day.
- Clean(er) eating this week has been going well. Perfect? No. However, definitely have been getting in more fruits and veggies and avoiding miscellaneous crap food at work that seems to show up unannounced and at the most ravenous times. Planning is key. Will just keep planning and plugging along.
- The end! Blessings on the weekend and praying all north of Florida will thaw out soon and welcome spring most joyfully. Until then, I will do my best to appreciate the Vitamin D for you!