Get your mind out of the gutter would you? I’m just linking up to Jennifer Fulwiler and her amazing round-up of people sharing their top 7 thoughts/ideas/highlights of the week and since I’ve got time this week, I’ll share again.
- Home for the 4th day in a row status post tonsillectomy. Oh, but it’s summer. And there are children home. All. Day. Long. Not really, but sort of. Enough that I wouldn’t call it a week of “quiet time”. Not so much time to really get a lot “done”. And yet…..it’s better than being at work! So I’ll zip it.
- I did get a few things done this week. My desk area is cleared off, bills are paid, laundry is done, sheets are changed and dinners have been cooked AND eaten prior to 7 p.m. more than a few times this week.
- The girls and I took my new-to-me sewing machine to my grandmother’s for a refresher lesson (it’s been at least 12 years since I last set that bobbin and thread and needle). The girls enjoyed a ride in the neighbor’s golf car/cart thing and my grandmother and I figured that baby out. It is now getting a good maintenance and I am armed, ARMED, I tell you with knowledge. Pillows and curtains certain to be forthcoming….
- My camera is back. I haven’t used it yet. I HAVE found some useful websites to explore and experiment with. And I still have 2 days left of this medi-cation….(haha, I crack myself up!)
- Paid Sonic a visit. Milkshakes and a sore tonsil area? Yes, please. ‘Twas a hot one and tasty they were. On a sad note, I now have confirmation that milk is no longer my friend. <sigh> at least my hips will be thankful.
- Finished Hubby’s Father’s Day project, cards bought AND mailed and plans to visit with my step-dad and siblings on Sunday are cemented. Days ahead of time. Do you SEE how much my job gets in my way of getting stuff done????
- Made it to Daily Mass on Thursday at the church we first attended when we moved here. It’s a Basilica now and it is just a stunning church. My crappy iPhone pics do not do it justice, but I will try to doctor them up and present them in a separate post….it’s worthy. Here’s a little sneaky peak ‘tho.
**as a bonus, I’ve talked to my BFF every day this week, had a text fest daily with several people without the threat of being fired and I’ve caught up with a few other friends by PHONE this week. It’s a big week to connect, folks! Big week!
While I choose my next book, y’all go visit Jen et al!
You crack me up! =) Have LOVED catching up with you…
July 20th in G’ville? How far is that for you? It’s about 2.5 here. No Too Jay’s there anymore, tho 😦 Could pick up a few Christmas gifts while there.
Sent from my iPad
Love the Bascilica photos! So pretty!
Thanks, Tiffany! Putting up the full post shortly!!
I’ve enjoyed your many blog posts this week. A week off sounds like the perfect cure for long work weeks. I’m taking Monday off so maybe a three day weekend will be just the prescription I need. Yay for pre-7 pm dinners too. And LOVE Sonic…but none anywhere near where I am…Cherry Limeade –extra cherry- is my favorite when I’m near one. An option for your next book… a blogger by the name of Amanda Mortus – worthyofagape.com – released her book “Worthy See Yourself as God Does” a month ago. I have my copy started but haven’t finished yet. Anyway, enjoy the rest of your vacation and hope your little one is feeling all better soon.
Thanks, Angela! I’ll add the book rec to my list 😉