Get your mind out of the gutter would you? I’m just linking up to Jennifer Fulwiler and her amazing round-up of people sharing their top 7 thoughts/ideas/highlights of the week and since I’ve got time this week, I’ll share again.
- Home for the 4th day in a row status post tonsillectomy. Oh, but it’s summer. And there are children home. All. Day. Long. Not really, but sort of. Enough that I wouldn’t call it a week of “quiet time”. Not so much time to really get a lot “done”. And yet…..it’s better than being at work! So I’ll zip it.
- I did get a few things done this week. My desk area is cleared off, bills are paid, laundry is done, sheets are changed and dinners have been cooked AND eaten prior to 7 p.m. more than a few times this week.
- The girls and I took my new-to-me sewing machine to my grandmother’s for a refresher lesson (it’s been at least 12 years since I last set that bobbin and thread and needle). The girls enjoyed a ride in the neighbor’s golf car/cart thing and my grandmother and I figured that baby out. It is now getting a good maintenance and I am armed, ARMED, I tell you with knowledge. Pillows and curtains certain to be forthcoming….
- My camera is back. I haven’t used it yet. I HAVE found some useful websites to explore and experiment with. And I still have 2 days left of this medi-cation….(haha, I crack myself up!)
- Paid Sonic a visit. Milkshakes and a sore tonsil area? Yes, please. ‘Twas a hot one and tasty they were. On a sad note, I now have confirmation that milk is no longer my friend. <sigh> at least my hips will be thankful.
- Finished Hubby’s Father’s Day project, cards bought AND mailed and plans to visit with my step-dad and siblings on Sunday are cemented. Days ahead of time. Do you SEE how much my job gets in my way of getting stuff done????
- Made it to Daily Mass on Thursday at the church we first attended when we moved here. It’s a Basilica now and it is just a stunning church. My crappy iPhone pics do not do it justice, but I will try to doctor them up and present them in a separate post….it’s worthy. Here’s a little sneaky peak ‘tho.
**as a bonus, I’ve talked to my BFF every day this week, had a text fest daily with several people without the threat of being fired and I’ve caught up with a few other friends by PHONE this week. It’s a big week to connect, folks! Big week!
While I choose my next book, y’all go visit Jen et al!