Because Pope Francis is so worthy of a Cake this BOSS!!! I’m sure he wouldn’t even mind if we called him “Buddy”. Ok. Maybe a little. But…yeah….Happy Anniversary, Pope Francis!
Pat Gohn has a podcast HOT off the press in celebration of Pope Francis’ One Year anniversary and you can download it HERE. You will probably recognize a few voices from the interwebz, including (ahem) me!
And so, in my own nod to Papa…here are my own personal top faves of his first year as Pope…in 7 QT style with Jen and crew!
1. The most humble and shocked beginning of this Pope who was so quietly in AWE of this role he now found himself in. That gentle wave. That face that was still processing….”ME?” “What?”. Just love it!! “hi.”
2. I was at work when the white smoke puffed. Where were you?
More photo cred and instructions on making your own white smoke 😉
3. Giving an impromptu and brief Catholic history lesson to my Baptist co-worker on the hows and the whys of electing a “Pope”. Me, of all people. My apologetics BFF would have been proud!!
4. The complete silence in the crowd of well-wishers present for Pope Francis’ first prayer and speech to the world. Goosebumps at the silence of all those people. Be still my heart. Be. Still.
5. The way the Pope walks the talk. He lives his Jesuit calling in his role as Pope. He DOES what Jesus would DO. He loves the poor, the sick, the maimed. When a child comes up on stage, he chuckles and carries on. He sets the example for ALL of us to love our neighbor. Over and over and over again.
6. He welcomes the world. He draws the world in by his genuine love and care for all. Regardless of race, sex, ethnicity, financial standing, felony record or sexual preference. We are called to love one another and he shows us time and again that this is possible even when we look at life differently from one another. Jesus loves us all and HE will sort it out in the end; he doesn’t need us to do it while we are here on earth. Pope Francis ain’t no gossip monger.
7. Pray for Pope Francis. For the world. For one another. Family. Friends. Co-workers. Neighbors. Let us all take the time to emulate this most approachable and loving Pope as we live our lives.
Happy Friday y’all. My favorite day of the week—woot woot!!