All I can say is T.G.I.F.!!!!!! It’s been a full and exhausting week and I pray, Pray, PRAY we have zilcho going on this weekend—-even though I know it’s doubtful….I’m still going to pray for it! Read about Sunburned Jen who also enjoys her coffee (especially when it’s free!) and her other friends/groupies/bloggies and their week HERE!!
- The Olympics. Holy. Cow! I am loving it. Every bit. Diving, swimming and gymnastics take up most of our viewing time due to our TV window in the evening, but a little beach volleyball, rowing, biking have snuck in and I’m really looking forward to track and field. Anyone else completely in awe and inspired by all this athletic talent?!?!?!? The only down side is that with such a time difference here in the States, many of the results are spoiled before we can see the contest AND I’m up WAAAAAAAAY too late and am taking in seriously increased amounts of caffeine to make up for it. I’ll suck it up. It’s worth it.
- The Chicken. Holy. Non-cow. I thoroughly enjoyed my chicken biscuit for breakfast the other day, but I REALLY enjoyed all the pics and news coverage of people all over the country waiting in MASSIVE lines supporting Chik-fil-A, traditional values (crazy, right?), and freedom to speak DIFFERENTLY. Political correct-ness, be damned.
- Strep. Round 2. What the FUDGE!??!?! Our youngest is going to have her tonsils yanked (by me!!!) if this keeps up. OY! And then dear ole dad/Hubby succumbed to the cooties for a double dose of fun. Let’s just say the week started off quite bumpy and grumpy but THANKFULLY is smoothing out. Phew!
- Adoration. For a dear friend’s daughter. There is simply NO better way to spend a lunch hour…although with the drive to and fro it’s a more like 30 minutes, but….I’ll take it!!!
- Boot Camp. I make it back. One day anyway. (planned on this morning, but last night’s Olympic-viewing killed me for this morning…apparently I didn’t hear the alarm) I did get some walking in the evening though this week during soccer and cheer practices. So there’s that.
- Cloning. Can we reconsider this? I’d like a clone of me. To send to work. Then I could shuttle kids to and fro to practices/games and work on dinner….OR. OR. OR. I could learn to LET GO and share tasks with my Hubby, my helpmate, my love. (but it’s so haaaaaaaaaard to not do it all, I say!!!) Either way, something’s gonna give since with soccer and cheer our fall will be full…right up to January. I do believe I will begin a love affair with my crock pot, otherwise our family will surely starve to death these next 4 months!
- Back-to-school will be what kills my weekend. We start the 20th (yes, 17 days away) and this weekend is “tax-free days” and with 4 kiddos to supply we’ll take every percentage we can get. I’ll need some beach time to recoup from it for sure!
How’s YOUR week been? What’s YOUR weekend shaping up to be? How’s YOUR Olympic experience going?? Check out Jen and the throngs @ Conversion Diary and see what’s going on around the world! If you haven’t already seen this, I’ll leave you with this tasty idea in caffeine enjoyment! Blessings and Happy Friday!!