My weekly roundup of the week with J.Fulwiler, Catholic blogger and reality show star and her amazing followers of blogginess…Check ’em out HERE, they have some FUNNY stuff over there….and USEFUL….and HISTORICAL….and…well…just go check it out, there’s something for EVERYone!!
1. I’ve returned to the gym (for weight work). My muscles are meeting to secretly stage a coup, I’m sure. Shhh, don’t tell them, but we’re going back tomorrow. As soon as I can bend over to tie my shoes. It’s just not fair how quickly you get sore when you add in new/old/different stuff. Cue the Rocky theme song….
2. To celebrate my return to the gym, I helped our oldest daughter attempt a Pinterest recipe for chocolate chip cookie bowls…click HERE for pic credit AND recipe if you should like to give it a whirl. Bless her heart. Her Mama didn’t read the directions first. Fortunately, she only made 6 and the rest regular cookies. Apparently it calls for the cookie dough in the tube…whatev…
Taste=FABULOUS Presentation=Room for improvement.
3. This weekend we are getting our family picture taken. By a real person. Not just a self-timer. Christmas cards…..it’s on!
4. Our youngest
diva daughter has been working diligently on this backbend kick over and by golly, she got it!! Try THIS LINK…I’m just too cheap frugal to upgrade to the video uploader….or you can go to my Twitter and view it…or just imagine our girl finally getting her backbend kick over!
5. This morning, somehow, we overslept an ENTIRE HOUR!!! ALL of us. We woke up when our oldest should have been getting ON the bus. Talk about an adrenaline rush. I don’t know about you but we are seriously efficient when running EXTREMELY late. There is NO time for bickering, arguing or even talking. The high schooler and elementary kids made it on time and I was late (fortunately no patients were waiting on me…I wasn’t THAT late!!) and Hubby took our middle schooler at his regular time. Mad skillz, I tell you. Or a well oiled machine. controlled chaos. What have you. Sure got my heart rate up. I have re-checked the alarm settings many times already tonight….
6. This week my Aunt received bad news regarding her cancer and has decided to be done with chemo and to let nature take its course. It’s awful. Her daughter and son are my age. I can’t even fathom it. She is at peace with her decision and I know God will take care of her family but it isn’t going to be easy. Not one bit. Today, my brother-in-law (Hubby’s bro), had a heart catheterization and two stents placed. After he drove himself to the hospital because he wasn’t feeling so good. He’s 42. 3 kids (10, 6 &6) He’s doing fine but……ugh. I can’t even go there. The point is…..We do not know when our hour will come. And I am reminded of a beautiful twitter quote I’ve been mulling over all week: @JamesMartinSJ: Gospel: “Live today as if it were your first day…your last day…and your only day.”
7. And so with Father Martin’s quote fresh on my heart earlier this week, I received an email with RIDICulously low air fare to see my mom. I promptly booked 3 tickets for myself and the girls to go in January. It’s their Christmas present (shhhhhh). I’ll take the boys this summer. YOLO, right? Fortunately, Hubby was VERY understanding and forgave me for my completely impulsive decision without his input and is on board. Phew.
That’s all from me….Blessings to you ALL! Have a great weekend!