A day late to the party, but the kids have hijacked the computer this week and I’ve been coughing so much I haven’t cared to be on it anyway….however…..bright and early Saturday morning and I’m feeling fine-ish and they are sleeping so it’s MINE. ALL. MINE. And I’m joining in with Jen and her weekly Quick Takes…she says she might go last first…hmmmmm, that might bode well for me 😉 without further adieu….
- I’m working on a “Day in the Life” post. Riveting. I’m sure you can’t wait to see how my day shapes up compared to yours. Funny thing is, it’s a little tedious accounting for one’s day AND trying to make it funny. Clearly I have nothing mind-blowing to talk about if THAT’S my big project, eh?
- One week post-flu and I THINK (Oh, please, please, please, please let me not jinx myself here) we are relatively healthy. Except for this nagging cough/sinus infection I’ve had all week. I’ve been eating cough drops by the bagful and have had several nights on the couch trying to breathe/sleep/not wake Hubby all night. I finally broke down and my doctor called me in some antibiotics and cough syrup…hence the early wake up–slept like a baby.
- Week 2 of my fitness Groupon and each workout KILLS. Amazing how hard you can work in a 35 minute period doing just a few exercises and opposing muscle groups. Super excited to see how I’ll be at the end of the 6 weeks.
- This week our boys had a WWF session in the backyard. By boys I mean including Hubby. Let me say, I HATE wrestling. Someone always gets hurt. It’s loud. It’s annoying. And yet…..so necessary. Hubby had me read (and I probably need to REread) John Eldredge‘s book Wild at Heart and it helped me to understand and appreciate the male “need” to be a male, so I accept it a wee bit more. Wee bit. In the end, Dad still won (he’s still hanging on…). Big brother still won (barely). And the only blood drawn was on Dad’s chin by a stray long nail.
- I scored some AWESOME dishes at our church thrift store this week. Service for 12. TWELVE I tell you! 12 dinner dishes. 12 small dishes. 12 bowls. A serving bowl and lid and salt and pepper shaker. $50. Except they weren’t. They were half OFF…..yes, that’s right, $25. S.C.O.R.E. Super cute. AND I saw some fantastic coffee cups that will complement this set from Pier One. Now when we have company….we’ve got enough dishes! So come on over!!!
- I have the day off Monday to take our youngest athlete to the County wide Fitness Festival. Little stinker made it to 4 events. Sit and reach. Standing long jump. Shuttle run. 50 yard dash. Should be great weather. I’m sure there will be pictures to follow. And blogging. Especially since I have the DAY OFF!
- We’ve been in the refinancing dance for our house and got a sweet low-interest rate with no closing costs and no re-appraisal. It takes a while, as you may or may not know, and yesterday we got the call from the title company….because we were late to our closing….that no one ever told us we HAD. We jockeyed around lunches (fortunately Hubby was working from home that day!) and traffic—-because Bike Week starts this week….but…..it’s done. We celebrated with a Friday night fire pit and marshmallows after our fish and chips dinner. ‘Twas a good day, nice end to the week.
Happy Weekend, Y’all!