Time again for the weekly wrap up, seems that’s my most consistent day to blog…probably because it’s a quick summary and I can knock it out before the household is up and roaring along and/or I can start it up before I go to bed…Work really gets in my way of blogging, however, since it allows for the basic necessities I suppose I’ll zip it. So you can join in and be sure to check in on Jennifer Fulwiler, the new Catholic reality star….(now THAT is an untouched niche in reality TV!!) and her weekly buddies with 7 Quick Takes and see how their week is shaking down! AH, but THIS week QT is hosted by the hilariously funny Grace @ Camp Patton…she is completely addictive, don’t say I didn’t warn YOU!!
1. As I mentioned earlier this week, I’ve joined in with Clare et al. @ Peak313 for her 5 week challenge. Basically a great accountability challenge with a Christian theme focused on spirit (see below for her super cute cutout reminder for memory verse #1), mind (wrapping mine around treating my body as the temple it IS instead of waiting for the fit-fairy to show up…she’s late apparently…), and body (exercise videos, workout suggestions and inspirational success stories)….the whole package. She has mentioned prizes which has whetted my competitive spirit ( a little), but I really like the whole idea and she’s just so perky and encouraging…
Memory verse week 1 from Peak313 challenge! It’s not too late to join….
2. Along those lines of building healthy minds AND bodies in this house, a friend recommended this documentary on Netflix (instant queue!!) America the Beautiful 2: The Thin Commandments. With 2 teenage boys in the house and one girl walking the line of puberty and the other totally immersed in the cheer life, it’s a message that can’t be touted enough. In words. Actions. Example. Man, this parenting stuff is tough!!
3. For some inspiration, check out Lizzie Velasquez and her book, Be Beautiful, Be You. What a strong message for my girls (and boys) both ways….on judging AND disregarding what others think of you. Rise above??? She is soaring.
4. The opposite of inspirational…..I won the “Loser Mom” award this week. Despite having my daughter’s 5th grade teacher conference in my phone AND on my work calendar, I still managed to completely space it. To make matters worse, it caused my DD to be late to her after school music practice and she didn’t get enough time and…..<sigh> won’t be playing the water drum this year, only the hand drum. Which she played last year. Ugh. Dagger to the heart. To ice the cake…..THIS is what I was doing when I could/should have been at the conference:
Yup. That’s me…resting in my car at lunch. Enjoying the 80 degree weather and breeze whilst reading a book. Niiiiiice.
**disclaimer, I usually do conferences in the a.m. because our work schedule is so hectic in the afternoons that it’s too crazy to leave. Still. I hang my head. DD is over it, but this will live on in my Mom guilt “hall of shame”….
5. This week our Saturday sports consist of 2 HOME games. Let the angels sing!!! We will be done by 1. My feet are doing the happy dance.
Also on Saturday. We will welcome a second TEENAGER into the house. YIKES!!! How is this happening?!?!?!? I’m just not old enough for this. Our nutty boy. Our sensitive boy. Our competitive boy. Our smart boy. Our driven boy. Who is 5’8”!! WHAT?!?!? What happened to my fuzzy little hair boy with the infectious smile and laugh who made his entrance on the heels of a hurricane mid-evacuation of half the state? He’s a big boy with an infectious smile and laugh. someone slow this train down!!
Crazy boy bringing out my inner nut…
6. In WWW. news this week, I’ve been venturing further into Twitter…mainly because I feel cut-off from the world during the day and it’s a great source for news, however, I’m also enjoying keeping up with various bloggers and podcasters and famous people I admire throughout the day as well. I tweet a little, but nothing like some of the people on there…WHOA! crazy, I tell you. You can follow me if you want, maybe I’ll get over 24 followers….wooooooo…or follow me here and boost me out of the 70s….double woooooo.
I also had a Pinterest success this week with PB and Nutella Crescent rolls. I blogged about it earlier this week. It was enough of a hit that I may possibly feel inspired to tackle something bigger this weekend; perhaps that herb garden or the back porch project….hmmm. Stay tuned…
7. It’s Friday. So that means. I think I can, I think I can, I think I can make it through this day! I usually take above mentioned boy to McDonald’s for a McCafé on Fridays before school (his teachers love me). I’ll hit the gym at lunch. And the weekend (for me) starts @ 5:30 p.m. If you are in Dubai…it started yesterday 😉
Time to get rockin’ people. Have a great weekend!!